Monday, November 24, 2008
Florida get-away
The day after John Granger's visit on November 2nd, I left for Fort Lauderdale having received the news that my maternal grandmother, Angelina, was severely ill and in the ICU. Abuela was put on a ventilator after battling several days with pneumonia and undergoing a bronchoscopy. I flew down as fast as I could, along with my mother and several of my siblings, to see my grandmother as her prospects were less than 50/50 at the time. What seemed like endless days followed, but grandma finally pulled through. I was able to stay with my mom an extra week until abuela was removed from the ventilator and moved to a rehab center. We are thankful to have been granted more time with this special lady. Thank you to everyone who has asked after her and prayed for us the last couple weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment